This post was sponsored by Sunshine Sweet Corn as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Being born and raised in a tropical country where sweet corn abounds, I grew up eating sweet corn regularly. We usually had it either boiled or grilled. And now that I’m grown-up, eating sweet corn is still one of my favorite things to do. I oftentimes had it for morning or afternoon snacks. But I surely hadn’t thought of adding it into a pasta. Too funny, actually, because I also love pasta.
So thanks to this Sweet Corn and Spring Vegetable Pasta recipe that I found on the Sunshine Sweet Corn website. There are many recipes on the website to choose from, but this one was the first one that caught my attention and the main reason was, of course, my love for pasta. This is a vegetarian dish and although I’m not a vegetarian, I love vegetables and I could eat vegetable meals all day.
The main ingredient in this dish is the Sunshine Sweet Corn.
Sunshine Sweet Corn is grown in Florida and is non-GMO. It is quality-control regulated and you don’t have to wait for summer to get this extra tender and sweet tasting corn because it is available now. I found Sunshine Sweet Corn at our local Food Lion.
I love easy to prepare dishes and this pasta dish sure was easy with a few ingredients needed.
Look at that! Doesn’t it look good? Trust me, it was as delicious as it looks. The addition of Sunshine Sweet Corn gave it that crunch that anybody would love in their vegetable pasta. Below is the recipe for this delish dish. Try it out yourself!
This is a perfect pasta salad for brunch or a light lunch. Packed with all the vitamins and nutrients of fresh sweet corn and other spring veggies, this pasta salad celebrates the season's best sweet corn!
- 8 ounces fusilli or other short pasta
- 3 ears Sunshine Sweet Corn, husked
- 8 ounces crimini or white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 asparagus spears, sliced at an angle into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Salt and pepper, as needed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
- Meanwhile, with a sharp knife, cut the corn kernels off the cob and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the butter and oil until bubbly. Add the mushrooms and shallot; saute until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add the asparagus, peas, and corn; saute until heated throughout, about 3 minutes.
- Toss in the pasta and cheese; add cooking water, as needed, to create a creamy sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a serving bowl and sprinkle with thyme.
Diet type: Vegetarian
So what do you think? Are you going to prepare this Sweet Corn and Spring Vegetable Pasta too?
Visit the Sunshine Sweet Corn website for more information and for more spring recipes!