We are seafood lovers over here. That said, I always make sure that a seafood dish is always on the menu every week. We have our favorite seafood recipes, but when it comes to trying new recipes, I am always for it.
This Grilled Shrimp Foil Packets recipe was shared to me by a good friend in Michigan. Since we both got here in the U.S. from the Philippines, definitely a seafood-loving country, we’ve always shared recipes with each other that we have tried and that we highly recommend. This recipe was also shared to her by a friend. Thanks to her for sharing this with me because it is so good!
I have always prepared shrimp as sauteed with or without added vegetables. I have eaten grilled shrimp in the past, but those moments were in a restaurant. This was the first that I tried preparing it as grilled here at home.
The good thing about this recipe is that it is so good and so quick and easy to prepare. Then you place it on the grill…wait for 30 minutes and bam! Dinner is ready!
Here’s the recipe for you to try. You can also add other vegetables if you like. I may try adding zucchini, yellow squash or even butternut squash in the future. I even saw this foil packet recipe where she added sausage into it. I may try that one too.
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 medium sized potatoes, quartered
- 2 pieces corn on a cob, cut in half
- 8 tablespoons Butter, cut in small slices
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper
- Place 2 pieces of 20x12 inch aluminum foil on the table.
- Place half of the shrimp, potato and corn in the center of the foil of one foil. Do the same in the other foil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add butter on top.
- Season with Cajun Seasoning (you can add more if you desire. I don't like mine too spicy).
- Fold top and ends of foil.
- Place packets on the grill and cook for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot!
With all honesty though, I was a little skeptical about this dish when my friend mentioned the Cajun Seasoning. I’m not into spicy food at all. My husband and son loves spicy food though. But she told me to just put a little Cajun Seasoning and it’ll be okay…just like what she does because she doesn’t like it spicy either.
As you can see, I only added half a teaspoon of Cajun Seasoning and although there was a great taste to it, it wasn’t spicy at all. But if you like spicy food, you can add up to a tablespoon or even more. It’s really up to you.
Have you tried preparing grilled shrimp foil packets before?
Happy Friday Folks! Enjoy your weekend!