Doing the extraordinary and breaking the norm was my inspiration for these chocolate chip gingerbread man cookies.
Over the years of celebrating Christmas with my brother-in-law and his family here in the U.S., I have learned their Christmas traditions, one of which is my sister-in-law making Christmas cookies with her grandchildren. It is something that I’ve never done growing up in my home country.
One of the Christmas cookies that I always see are the gingerbread man cookies. I have always found them so adorable. So today, that is what I thought of creating, but with a twist. Instead of using the regular gingerbread cookie mix, I used a chocolate chip cookie mix instead and, voila: these chocolate chip gingerbread man cookies were born!
I have created a Gingerbread House and Gingerbread Christmas Tree before with my son. I am so happy to finally be able to make these cuties. And I think it’s going to be in our family holiday traditions from now on because, trust me, they’re not only fun to make and look at, they taste so good too!
I totally love how they turned out and even my husband and son were delighted about the whole thing. That is my husband on the left, by the way. Our son in the middle and that’s me on the right. 🙂
What’s good about these cookies are the fact that they are gluten-free.
I used the Immaculate gluten free chocolate chip cookie mix by Immaculate Baking Company. Their mission is to create wholesome baking products, thus, they offer gluten free baking products as well as organic.
Here’s how I created these easy, fun and cute chocolate chip gingerbread man cookies.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 package (19 oz) Immaculate Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- White icing
WHAT TO DO:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, prepare cookie mixture as per package instructions.
- Add ground ginger.
- Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness on a floured surface.
- Cut with gingerbread man cookie cutter (I used two size cookie cutters, a 3.75″ and 5″).
- Place cutouts on an ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 14 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the cookie sheet.
- Decorate with white icing or whichever way you want to decorate it.
I made four 5-inch size and four 3.75-inch size chocolate chip gingerbread man cookies out of the Immaculate Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix package.
Are you ready for some holiday baking yourself? Get this $1 off coupon for any Immaculate Baking products for some extra savings.
Have fun baking and Happy Holidays!